Office Services Specialist
Company: Impact-Coaches Inc.
Position: Office Services Specialist
Location: Toronto, North York, Ontario
Impact is hiring through Career Meets Life, to apply for this position please create and complete your Career Meets Life job seeker profile HERE.
Impact-Coaches Inc. is a business coaching organization that has been delivering leadership, business development and team development in the form of assessments, individual coaching, and group/team coaching since 2003. They have a proven track record and a growing client list thanks to their commitment to excellence in coaching and client service. They have coaches located across Canada and a home team based out of Toronto, Ontario. The staff work virtually but are well-connected to the organization. Impact supports a fair and equitable work environment. They pride themselves in being an organization that “business people turn to when they want to excel” and “all coaches would aspire to work with”.
Provide a high level of administration to the team being supported, ensuring the optimal level of customer service and professionalism. Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities to facilitate the efficient operation of the team, including the project/administrative staff and coaches.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- General clerical duties including photocopying, faxing, and mailing
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and travel arrangements for coaches
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Retrieve documents from filing system
- Handle requests for information and data from project/administrative team and coaches
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries
- Prepare meeting agendas, document and distribute meeting notes, and track action items for all team members
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Maintain office supply inventories
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment and technology
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff, telephones, parking and petty cash
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of relevant software (word, email, excel, etc.)
- Experience as an executive assistant or in an administrative support/office coordination role considered an asset
- University degree/College Diploma (preferably in business and/or IT) preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to provide accurate and timely follow up
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing demands and stay on top of changing priorities
- A self-starter who requires limited supervision and direction
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast paced, ever-changing environment (tight deadlines, changing priorities, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- An interest in employee engagement and/or planning team building initiatives is an asset
The ideal candidate will be someone who is interested and excited in being part of a collaborative team. He/She will have a desire to experience an entrepreneurial environment where team members are encouraged and expected to share ideas and engage in creative problem solving. This individual will have a strong client service orientation and understanding of what exceptional client service looks like. It is also preferred that the candidate be comfortable working in a virtual environment.